Strategic Content Manager – Television & Media in Telia
Do you want to join a team of industry challengers? Then look no further. Since we started our operations in Norway we have taken on the status quo and been a front-runner in developing customer-oriented solutions that connect people to those and what they love. Our recent acquisition of Get marks a new chapter in our Norwegian story, expanding our offerings towards the market with even more experiences and services. We have strong ambitions for the future and we are now looking for a Content Manager who would like to join our team and create best in class customer experience and drive growth in a very exciting part of our organization.
Your next challenge?
You will be part of a global team of Content Managers, with one colleague situated in Oslo, others in Sweden and Finland. Together and individually you work in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and key touch points within the organization such as Media & Entertainment, Marketing, IT, CSR, Product and many others. Your main tasks will be:
Secure content to deliver on Telia Company´s content strategy:
- Negotiate local and global content and partner agreements, both traditional broadcasters as well as SVOD content partners
- Drive the entire content negotiation cycle – financial analysis, forecasting and contract drafting as well as long-term partner management
- Identify appropriate content to acquire and secure all rights needed to deliver on our content strategy
Business development and partner management:
- Business development – develop and evaluate new ideas, business concepts and partners
- Participate in packaging, re-packaging and distribution concepts for content based on our content roadmap
- Take a lead in strategy discussion within your area of responsibility and actively participate in the strategy work within the business area TV
- Actively work with our content providers and internal stakeholders to develop and improve business and customer satisfaction
Market research, compliance and strategic agenda:
- Analyze and provide risk management and recommendations in various situations regarding negotiations, agreements and partnerships
- Analyze contracts in response to business and legal requests and questions
- Business intelligence – follow trends, competitors and regulations on the market
- Together with Get Legal Counsel be responsible for developing templates for Get General Content Terms, Deal Memos and relevant RFP documents (from drafting contracts to overall management of all content agreements)
- Tracking of (1) existing content performance, (2) key industry trends and shifts to assess potential implications on new and existing deals, (3), competition offerings and business models and (4) represent Get and keep track of important industry, cultural and social content events to further strengthen partner relationships.
Who are you?
Our ideal candidate has industry experience from and thrives in the ever-changing digital entertainment business. The role as Content Manager will require a strong mix of strategic thinking to identify an appropriate mix of content and partnerships.
In addition to a strategic mindset we are looking for great collaboration skills across business areas and levels. If you recognize yourself in the following characteristics, we believe you could be a potential fit for this role:
- Takes initiative and responsibility for running projects from start to finish
- Business acumen, motivated by identifying and initiating activities that drive customer satisfaction and growth
- Navigates efficiently within a fast-paced environment, where change is constant
- Prior distribution and content experience, in particular from the media & broadcasting industry
- Negotiations and Management experience
- Knowledge in media and culture politics and IPR legislation
- International experience is a plus
- 5+ years experience from negotiations and business development
- 3+ years experience from working within the TV/media industry
- 10+ years of work experience
- Great presentation skills and expertise in Power Point and presentation design/writing
- Fluency in English, both in writing and oral. Do you speak Norwegian as well? Great!
- Sales and marketing experience is a plus
- Management / Project Management experience is a plus
Don’t worry, If you can’t tick off all the boxes but still believe you will succeed in this role, we are curious to learn more about you!
You will be located in Nydalen, Oslo, Norway, but you must be prepared to travel to other markets in the Nordics 2-4 times a month. In 2021 Telia Norway will move to our new head office at Økern Portal.
Please reach out to Catrin von Walden, +46 73 707 02 02 / firstname.lastname@example.org or Recruiter Victoria Wille Waage email@example.com, if you want to learn more. Selection is ongoing so do not hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!
Welcome to Telia – Home to your next big opportunity!
Everything we do is about bringing the world closer through technology. Our 20,000 talented colleagues serve millions of customers every day in one of the world’s most connected regions. We’re empowering people, companies and societies. This is our business. Our passion. Our home. Welcome to Telia, the home of your next big opportunity and a place where everyone can be themselves with equal access to opportunities.