Schibsted News Media is the leading digital media division in Scandinavia. Our publications are renowned for their exceptional journalism, high editorial independence and strong digital development. Our brands, such as VG, Aftenposten, Bergens Tidende, Stavanger Aftenblad, E24, Aftonbladet, Omni and Svenska Dagbladet keep people informed and updated on important issues in society. In addition we have several digital niche products like Podme, Wellobe, Vektklubb, Fri Flyt and Klart. In total, our brands have over 700 million monthly visits. News Media had a revenue of 7,8 bn NOK and 2,400 employees in 2022.
Subscription Norway is a unit within News Media’s Product & Consumer organisation where the commercial mandate towards our users in the Norwegian market lies. The unit is overall responsible for the commercial results on a country and brand level and customer communication to support this - enabling one customer view across brands and driving scale.
Are you the Head of Subscription Aftenposten?
Subscription Aftenposten is a Commercial Brand team in Subscription Norway, with the mandate to drive development of the commercial strategy and value propositions in Aftenposten. As Head of Subscription Aftenposten you will be responsible for securing the commercial subscription growth for Aftenposten (P&L) in close collaboration with the editorial and product teams in Aftenposten and the other teams in Subscription Norway.
Aftenposten has more than 250 000 subscribers to its news products, digital and print, and 330 000 subscriptions in total when you include Aftenposten Junior, print magazines and other niche products. As Head of Subscription you will work across the whole Aftenposten product portfolio consisting of Aftenposten, Vink, Aftenposten Junior, Magasin+, Aftenposten Innsikt, Aftenposten Historie, Mat fra Norge and Hyttemagasinet.
You will report to Director of Subscriptions Norway, Tone Krohn Clausen, and have a key role in the Subscription Norway leadership team. You will also be an integral part of Aftenpostens leadership team with a “dotted line” towards Aftenposten's publisher Trine Eilertsen.
- Commercially responsible for the revenues related to Aftenposten's product portfolio; digital and print. This also includes responsibility for follow-up of Aftenposten’s revenue development within advertising, and specifically being Aftenposten’s point of contact towards Schibsted Marketing Services
- Develop the commercial brand strategy and secure the commercial product development in collaboration with the business development & packaging team in Subscription Norway
- Develop OKRs and input to the roadmaps of Aftenposten and Subscription Norway and ensure effective execution together with Aftenposten newsroom and product teams and shared value teams in Subscription Norway
- Day to day collaboration with publisher, newsroom management, newsroom teams and brand teams in product; commercial optimization focusing on brand, sales and engagement activities
- Develop branding including positioning, tone of voice, guidelines etc. and ensure that we bring the core brand values to life in all consumer touch points
- Run planned brand and marketing campaigns, drive digital new sales and decisions related to campaign offers, rules and discounts
- Secure effective collaboration between Subscription Aftenposten, the newsroom, product teams and the shared value teams in Subscription Norway; ensuring that we effectively scale best practice, seek opportunities across brands and leverage subject matter expertise
- Provide overall leadership and direction to the team working in Aftenposten's subscription team
- Support the overall development of Subscription Norway as a workplace where employees thrive and have opportunities to grow and develop
- Drive development of agile work processes and organisational culture
Who are we looking for?
We aim to maximise the potential of all Schibsted users in the future, and we are looking for someone who is driven by subscriber volume growth and who has a passion for building brands that deepen customer relationships. The role is an excellent match if the following describes you:
- Masters degree in Marketing Management, Business Administration or similar
- Extensive experience from working with commercial development, preferably from media or other subscription-driven industries
- Experience in running a sales driven culture and a strong understanding of drivers impacting customer choice and preference for brands
- Proven track record in transforming business strategy into results
- 5+ years of leadership experience and ability to develop people and culture
- Understanding of editorial processes and passion for bringing the essence of our editorial profile into commercial value
- Experience from working in a complex matrix organisation, preferably from media or other subscription-driven industries
- Dare to challenge status quo and make hard decisions to take us to the next level
- Strong team player that creates results with interdisciplinary teams
In return, Subscription Norway can offer you a hybrid, informal and extremely pleasant working environment in one of the most exciting and forward-looking companies in the Nordic region. As part of Schibsted, you will also receive competitive employee terms and benefits as well as good career opportunities within the Schibsted Group.
Please apply to this position by sharing your application and CV with us. Candidates that are considered relevant for this position will be invited to interviews during week 23.
Work location : Oslo (hybrid)
Application deadline : June 4th 2023
Contact person :
Tone Krohn Clausen
+47 93 27 94 09
Talent Acquisition Manager, Maja Sjåtil
Schibsted is a family of digital brands with a strong Nordic position, and more than 5,000 employees. Millions of people interact with our companies every day through our leading online marketplaces such as FINN, Blocket, and Oikotie; world-class media houses including Aftenposten, VG, and Aftonbladet; and smart digital services such as Lendo. We also help new promising businesses grow. Our joint mission of empowering people in their daily lives is rooted in the values of our media heritage and a legacy of bold change. At our best, we are a fearless force for change in a society built on trust and transparency.