As the Brand Partnerships Director your main task is to identify, manage, drive & leverage brand partnerships for Helly Hansen. You will be responsible for setting / evolving the brand / sports partnerships strategy. You will display excellent project management skills capable of balancing brand and commercial relevance & cost of brand partnerships. You will lead and coordinate internal and external partners alike. Your experience with sports events and partnerships management is important.
You will also be responsible for:
- Management of existing partnerships.
- The search for new sponsorship opportunities.
- Identifying the strengths of these sponsorships/partnerships.
- Leveraging these relationships to greater collective & business impact.
- Conceptualizing new strategic initiatives that can drive brand awareness & impact.
- Develop an effective strategy to optimize the performance of collaborations.
- Negotiating a contract to the partnership & brand benefits.
- Finding solutions to ensure the interests of both parties.
- The proposal of solutions to evolve the partnership and their implementation.
- Analysis of strategy performance.
- Enhancement of the brand image and improvement of its visibility.
- Set/evolve brand partnership strategy, drive alignment & support from internal stakeholders & exec team.
- Identify, lead and set direction on partnership targets (pro-active) and direct/consult on requests & ad-hoc opportunities (re-active)
- Negotiation and contract lead on high profile partnerships; guidance/consultancy on high profile local partnerships (e.g., ACA, NFH, etc.)
- Resourcing and project management design, roles & responsibilities.
- Own & manage budget for global brand partnerships.
- Oversee compliance/DOA/brand partnership contract templates.
- Build & sustain external relationships/network in key activity areas (i.e., sailing, ski, outdoor): To be connected to key decision makers of the relevant communities.
- Lead /set project management team for selective global brand partnerships, such as The Ocean Race sailing teams, Americas Cup teams, National Alpine Ski teams, Search & Rescue organizations,
- Negotiate contracts in partnership with legal department and all other relevant departments.
- Steer and coordinate Helly Hansen teams (global & local) for the successful implementation of all contractual rights & obligations.
- Build, foster & drive relationships with current & future partners.
- Proactively screen & identify brand partnership opportunities within the global Sport Marketing Strategy along key activities of Skiing, Sailing, Outdoor & WorkWear.
- Further build & develop playbook of how to extract the optimal, mutual value from brand partnerships.
- Build framework on how to evaluate the value of brand partnerships and initiate a review process/ monitoring routine.
- Share best practices within the HH network.
- Explore Activation opportunities beyond current status quo.
- Identify key BtoB partners & business opportunities and utilizing them with networking and interaction with the respective business unit.
- Identify & drive to the right stakeholders the commercial opportunities.
- Communication and listening skills.
- Masterful relationship building and relationship management.
- Sharp problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent time and project management.
- Strategic thinking and innovation.
- Foundational sales skills.
- Excellent time and project management
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Product knowledge
- 8+ years of experience with Marketing or Sales of Partnerships &/or Project management of international partnerships.
- College degree in business (marketing / management) or communication / Master level preferred.
- Sport Marketing partnership management (either side, sponsor or asset), incl. contract negotiation/ legal assessment.
- Sailing- and/or Ski- and/or Outdoor-community experience & actively interested in sport.
- Strong operational knowledge of marketing tools and tactics and the skills to align resources to achieve objectives.
- Self-starter, taking initiative to drive projects independently.
- Ability to lead strategically with ability to also execute (getting things done)
- Experience & knowledge of sport apparel industry
- The ability to inspire, lead and manage internal and external resources and colleagues. Strong indirect leadership skills
- Willing to multitasks and work under pressure.
- Superior communications skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft office products
- Experience working within a global, matrix organization of advantage.
- Language skills – must be fluent in written and spoken English. Ideally language skills with one (or more) other European languages (written & orally).
- Ability to travel internationally (% will depend by project status & time of the year).
- A culture that rewards excellence in an exciting phase of growth and new opportunities
- An ambitious, dynamic, creative, and international environment
- Discounts on great gear
- Competitive compensation and benefits, and an active environment with passion for sports
This position is a full-time employment at our Oslo Headquarters.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Application is ONLY accepted in portal(Due to personal data protection rules) and not later than 3 December 2023.
Founded in Norway in 1877, Helly Hansen continues to develop professional grade apparel that helps people stay and feel alive. Through insights drawn from living and working in the world’s harshest environments, the company has developed a long list of first-to-market innovations, including the first supple waterproof fabrics more than 140 years ago. Other breakthroughs include the first fleece fabrics in the 1960s, the first technical base layers in the 1970s, made with LIFA® Stay Dry technology, the patented H2Flow? temperature regulating system, and the revolutionary lighter, warmer LIFALOFT? insulation. Building on Helly Hansen’s proprietary HELLY TECH® waterproof/breathable system, the technical outdoor brand has most recently introduced the award-winning LIFA INFINITY PRO? - the company’s most innovative and responsible waterproof/breathable technology to date.
Helly Hansen is a leader in technical sailing and performance ski apparel, as well as premium workwear. Its uniforms are worn and trusted by more than 55,000 professionals and can be found on Olympians, National Teams, and at more than 200 ski resorts and mountain guiding operations globally.
Helly Hansen’s outerwear, base layers, sportswear and footwear are sold in more than 40 countries around the world and the company is owned by Canadian Tire Corporation (CTC). To learn more about Helly Hansen’s latest collections, visit www.hellyhansen.com