Are you a dedicated communications professional longing for the chance to make a difference for patients and the society, in one of the most exciting companies in pharma? Then your future starts with us!
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines and strive to continuously meet the unmet needs of patients worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Communications Manager at our Nordic Marketing Company (the commercial organization in the Nordic countries). The role can be based at either one of our vibrant sites in Oslo, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Gothenburg or Helsinki.
Your new team
You will be part of a growing and diverse Corporate Affairs team consisting of 14 colleagues who are responsible not only for AstraZeneca’s home market Sweden, and the Nordics, but also manages Global Sustainability Communications and directly supports our Global Chairman. You will report to the Communications Director for our Nordic Marketing Company, and will also be working closely with the different Nordic brand teams, as well as the European and Global Corporate Affairs team.
Your key focus will be on the therapy areas CVRM (Cardiovascular, Renal & Metabolism), R&I (Respiratory & Immunology) and V&IT (Vaccines and Immune Therapies). You will lead the work to leverage our presence and voice across all relevant platforms externally, but you will also assist with the broader internal communications across our organization.
Your main responsibilities
- Help driving our external activities primarily for our therapy areas CVRM, R&I, and V&IT, but also on corporate communications and thought leadership, to ensure we reach the relevant target audiences across the Nordic markets
- Build relations with media and relevant stakeholders
- Media monitoring, production of coverage reports, and proactively identifying potential external opportunities
- Develop strategies and content for our digital and social media channels and support the localization, implementation, and delivery of our local and global campaigns
- Produce content, presentations and other materials for our internal channels and advise the teams on internal communication.
Knowledge, skills, and experience
As an enterprise, we always look for dedicated people who share our passion for what science can do, someone who speaks up and challenge the status quo. To succeed in this role, you have:
- A minimum of 5 years full-time Media and External Communications experience, either from a company, organization, or an agency
- Solid experience working directly with Nordic media, journalists and editors, ideally from a PR agency or a communication department, or experience working as journalist at a news media
- Experience in media and message training senior leaders
- A track-record working with corporate reputation management, crisis communication and thought leadership communications
- Strong digital skills and knowledge of how the difference social and digital platform works
- A relevant education, either university degree in Communication or Media studies, or as a journalist
- An understanding of the regulatory requirements in the healthcare sector – or a strong commitment to learn. Experience from other heavily regulated industries would also be considered an asset as well
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills in English are essential, since English is the most common language that we use within Nordic Marketing Company. Knowledge of any other Nordic language would be welcomed.
Capabilities and behaviors
We are looking for a team member who is:
- Proactive with high levels of self-motivation and personal accountability, who brings enthusiasm and energy to the team, peer group and tasks, coupled with accountability for delivery and performance.
- Has the ability and drive to learn and work with often complicated and scientific information – and seeing opportunities instead of obstructions
- A true team player who can build positive relations with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders across the entire organization.
At AstraZeneca, we are proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized, and rewarded for their ideas and creativity. Delivering medicine that changes people's lives is about having an entrepreneurial spirit - finding moments and understanding its potential.
To get a feel for the great working environment at our sites, please see the testimonials “A life-changing day” by following this link: https://bit.ly/2TioMxP
Can you already envision yourself in our team? Brilliant, we encourage you to apply!
Send us your application, in English, to us already now – and no later than August 21st. Interviews will be held continuously during the application period, of course considering the Summer holiday.
If you are curious to learn more about the position, please contact your future manager, Mathias Pedersen, Nordic Communications Director, on +45 22937730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.