We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Corporate Development (YCD) serves as Yara’s global CoE and Guidance Center for Branding, Communication, Finance, Public Affairs, and Sustainability. The role of YCD is to develop overall corporate strategy and guide its communication, implementation, monitoring, recording, and reporting through the development of corporate guidance, best practices, and oversight.
The Brand Department is responsible for leading the development of the overall brand and corporate positioning strategy across the company within YCD; serving the Group Executive Board and Deputy CEO Department. The department is responsible for leading all positioning, branded communications, and engagement activities in support of Yara’s mission, vision, and corporate strategy including oversight, development, and deployment of necessary marketing initiatives and branding efforts to achieve Yara’s long-term strategic positioning goals. In addition to building brand awareness and being a thought leader with a proven ability to execute scalable strategies that drive value accretive positioning, the position will play a critical role in supporting Yara in the fulfillment of its strategic ambition. The department works with other internal stakeholders to ensure the execution of our corporate positioning strategy
About the role:
Yara Clean Ammonia was created in December 2020 in order to rapidly grow the production and commercialization of clean ammonia for use in the agriculture, energy, industrial, and shipping business sectors. Yara Clean Ammonia (YCA) is a global segment within Yara with the objective to commercialize, develop and capture growth opportunities within clean hydrogen and ammonia value chains.
As the Brand & Positioning Manager - Clean Ammonia you will report directly to the Director of Brand Management, with dual reporting to the YCA Product & Portfolio Management team. The Brand Manager - Clean Ammonia will play a pivotal role in building brand awareness for Yara’s rapidly emerging Clean Ammonia business which will serve energy, industry, and shipping markets with a reliable supply of low to zero-emission ammonia, as well as delivering the key building block for green fertilizer. We are looking for a thought leader with a proven ability to execute scalably strategies and drive impactful results, who will play a critical role in positioning Yara Clean Ammonia with public and private stakeholders.
This position is located in Oslo.
- Guide strategic positioning and branding of the Clean Ammonia value and product proposition for the industries it serves as well as increase visibility and advocacy for the business outside of Yara.
- Optimize Yara’s Clean Ammonia positioning utilizing a customer-centric approach and proven methods while following the master corporate brand architecture and positioning.
- Promote and educate the internal audience on Clean Ammonia growth milestones, brand initiatives, programs, values, attributes, etc.
- Serves as key knowledge & research process owner within YBM for all Clean Ammonia-related activities.
- Provide guidance, oversight, and governance to the Yara Clean Ammonia commercial & business development teams on marketing and communication initiatives that have a measurable and strategic impact on awareness and relevance to stakeholders.
- Design and execute positioning strategies, brand architecture, and visual identity with the YBM and business teams to grow the Clean Ammonia Business, build awareness, recognition, and brand equity.
- Manage agency and creative production partners (Brand agency, digital, social & film production partners) to deliver high-quality brand concepts, campaigns, and events that support all Yara-related Clean Ammonia efforts.
- Coordinate and deliver market research to inform and create the Value Proposition and Toolkit of assets to support the Clean Ammonia business.
- Ownership and development of crop-specific digital/SoMe channels to develop and engage a global community across the value chain.
- Develop and facilitate the corporate website content for Clean Ammonia including as required lead generation/enablement aspects, to increase global digital visibility.
- Ensure positioning, storytelling, and messaging that are consistent and support Yara’s Mission, Vision and Values, business strategy, and Clean Ammonia business model
- Degree in Marketing or Communications; post-graduate studies appreciated. Minimum 7 years working experience in Branding/Marketing
- Proven track record in an agile environment; innovation/venture portfolio positioning that has utilized extensive knowledge of design thinking and of global design perspectives.
- Experience and ability to handle high complex conversations and projects on a senior level. In-depth knowledge and experience in managing a cross-functional and high-performing team internationally
- Extensive graphic, strategy digital design experience
- Visionary, strategic, analytical, and proactive. Strategic thinker who is skilled in strategy and execution
- Have extensive confidence, experience, and expertise to build trust with and work closely with senior leaders in the company, with sound ability to influence and counsel senior leaders and employees on all levels. Spectacular interpersonal skills and ability to work through others to drive results and make change happen
- Independent, with drive and enthusiasm. Proven ability to own and drive projects forward independently with limited to no management support. Brings in a compelling combination of the needs of communications in a large company, along with the drive to go new ways, experiment, and evolve how we communicate
- Fluent in Norwegian & Englishand any additional language is warmly welcomed.
As a global organization, we actively strive to reflect diversity in society. We, therefore, encourage all qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.
Knowledge grows through differences
At Yara, we believe that creating a diverse,equitable and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. Yara has firmly anchored diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) as one of our top 7 strategic actions and has 400+ employees worldwide involved in DEI ambassador networks.
We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, philosophy, gender identity, age, disability, appearance etc.