Discovery Networks is now looking to recruit a Senior Social Media Manager to the Nordic Marketing department.
The role will be responsible for the overall Nordic social strategy and ambition, KPI´s and goals for all organic social media in owned and operated sites. The role will be working closely with the Nordic marketing leads to create a strong social media presence across the Nordics to enhance engagement, interest and views.
The Nordic Senior Social Media Manager will report to VP Nordic Marketing.
- Annual strategy and vision for growing discovery+ organic social media. Driving engagement and building a community
- Oversee day-to-day management of social media teams, ensuring brand consistency
- Monthly updates and analytics
- Management of Nordic partnerships and building relationships with social media platforms
- Facilitate scaling brand and company awareness through various social media channels
- Work with Nordic marketing director to create and implement social media strategies in line with marketing plans and KPI´s
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice and terminology – produce play books where required
- Create actionable plans to both grow and maintain followers through popular social media platforms
- Evaluation and testing on new platforms
- Ensure progress on all platforms by using analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Social Bakers and others
- Oversee the creating and implementation of the monthly Nordic editorial calendar which includes monthly objectives and initiatives
- Optimizing and supporting Discovery on-screen talent with their social platforms to help grow connection and affiliation with discovery+
Requirements Experience & Competencies:
- 5+ years of social media management experience
- Relevant experience from media and D2C business models
- Relevant experience determining a target audience and how to cater unique marketing campaigns to capture their attention
- Strong understanding of marketing strategy and how to effortlessly utilize these concepts throughout various forms of outreach
- Analytical, with a strategic mindset
- Professional certification in Google Analytics strongly preferred
- General knowledge of Search Engine Optimization and internet ranking for web content
- Ability to manage and supervise a diverse group of employees and simultaneously work toward many company initiatives at once
- A driven, proactive and motivated individual, with a passion for creativity and production
- Team player, collaborator and teacher
- Strong presentations and communications skills
- Ability to manage stakeholders in an international matrix organization
- Fluency in English both oral and written is required
We can offer:
- A challenging position in a leading local and international media organization
- An excellent opportunity for personal and professional development and growth
- A dynamic, skilled, fun and fast-paced work environment in modern office facilities
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and engaged colleagues
- Competitive remuneration and company benefits, including insurance, pension and bonus
For more inquiries or information about the position please contact our recruitment advisor Jon Dissen at JP Cornerstone on mobile +47 900 37 900 or email email@example.com.
Please submit application and CV in English.
About Discovery Communications
Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the leader in global entertainment reaching 3 billion cumulative viewers in more than 220 countries and territories. Discovery satisfies curiosity, entertains and inspires viewers with high-quality content through global brands, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Science and Turbo/Velocity, as well as U.S. joint venture network OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, and through the Discovery Digital Networks portfolio, including Seeker and SourceFed. Discovery owns Eurosport, the leading pan-regional sports entertainment destination across Europe and Asia-Pacific. Discovery also is a leading provider of educational products and services to schools, including an award-winning series of K-12 digital textbooks, through Discovery Education.