Discovery Networks Norway is now looking to recruit a Program Director.
The role will be responsible for fostering a creative environment that allows Discovery’s platforms to increase viewership and awareness through a strong local content strategy, optimizing and maximising local, Nordic and international needs and initiate innovative development in cooperation with local and international production companies in line with the regional and local programming strategy.
The Program Director will report directly to VP Content & Programming, and will be located in Oslo.
The Program Director is responsible for driving Discovery’s creative programming responsibilities across the Norwegian portfolio, working with the Regional and International teams. The key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the operational aspect of the content department
- Sparring partner and creative support for project managers
- Inspire the local and regional programming teams with new ideas and existing program brands based on local needs
- Actively create a pipeline of local content to augment the existing library of programming and programs delivered
- Champion the development of new and innovative ideas
- Up to date on international trends and formats
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the international television industry
- Always be on the lookout for the next great idea or talent
- Close co-operation with the Nordic content colleagues to share industry trends and knowledge, as well as explore possible co-productions and other co-operative activities
- Work proactively with the Research and Insights department to generate and learn from insights into programming and wider trends valuable for the development and delivery of first class programmes and brands
- Oversee the creative delivery of all programming
- Actively participate in pitches, development, negotiations, and other tasks together with the local program management (Planning, VP Content, Local PMD, Development)
- Work closely with VP Content & Programming in the design of content strategy and focus areas for local content
Requirements Experience & Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a TV executive
- Demonstrate prior in-depth direct programming experience both local and global, with evidence of innovative work in the different programming genres and digital platforms
- Proven ability to make and implement editorial and compliance decisions with minimal or no direction
- Familiar with program research and ratings
- Prior experience of working in a corporate environment with many stakeholders, and from matrix management and operation within such environment
- Good industry profile
- An ability to work collaboratively with senior management
- Willingness to change, adapt and be flexible
- Constructive and positive personality
- Contribute to a good working environment
- Fluency in English both oral and written is required
We can offer:
- A challenging position in a leading local and international media organization
- An excellent opportunity for personal and professional development and growth
- A dynamic, skilled, fun and fast-paced work environment in modern office facilities
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and engaged colleagues
- Competitive remuneration and company benefits, including insurance, pension and bonus
For more inquiries or information about the position please contact our recruitment advisor Jon Dissen at JP Cornerstone on mobile +47 900 37 900 or email email@example.com.
Please submit application and CV in English.
Discovery Networks Norway er en norsk mediegruppe og en del av det globale selskapet Discovery, Inc. Virksomheten holder til i Nydalen i Oslo. Selskapet driver strømmetjenesten discovery+ og TV-kanalen TVNorge, i tillegg til kanaler som FEM, MAX, VOX, TLC, Discovery Channel, Eurosport 1 og Eurosport Norge, og strømmetjenestene Eurosport Player og GolfTV.