Local Unit & Position Description
We are looking for a Content Manager to join our Marketing and Communications teams in DNV GL Oil & Gas.
The oil and gas industry is changing. Companies across the value chain are redoubling their efforts to become more efficient and reduce carbon footprint as they forge a new role for themselves in the energy transition. As the industry transforms, so too is DNV GL's Oil & Gas business area. Our technical experts are developing new ways of working and digital technologies that will help our customers navigate a new normal, where safety, efficiency and sustainability will be crucial for success.
Our Oil & Gas Marketing and Communications Unit is tasked with telling this story; broadening our reputation as a thought leader on strategic topics, and supporting revenue generation from the products and services we are taking to market in a changing energy landscape. We are seeking an exceptional Content Manager to play a crucial role in achieving this.
The Content Manager will be part of an ambitious and high-performing team of corporate communications, product marketing and marketing operations professionals based in four countries. The successful candidate will be comfortable interacting with colleagues, customers and partners across the world and at all levels of seniority.
Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing & Communications for the Oil & Gas business area, the Content Manager will be based at DNV GL's Høvik offices and will enjoy wide-ranging responsibilities, including:
- Developing and implementing the strategy, key messages and campaigns that drive high audience engagement, broadening DNV GL's market reach and reputation on strategic topics and industry issues
- Overseeing the development, execution and delivery of digital and print content across all channels
- Creating content that will drive the success of our inbound and outbound marketing campaigns. Applying data analytics to personalize and optimize content that successfully converts campaigns into tangible new business leads.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- More than four years of experience in content creation (within a communications and marketing team or a journalist role)
- Demonstrable experience of creating and/or managing cross-channel marketing and communications campaigns in B2B environments
- Experience of working within the energy industry would be an advantage
- Demonstrable understanding of content marketing tactics (such as SEO, digital advertising, lead nurturing and social media marketing) and the role they play in lead generation
- Familiarity of marketing automation platforms, such as Eloqua
- Experience of leading successful, multi-channel campaigns to position a company and its leadership team as thought leaders.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Native, or near-native fluency in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly collaborative
- A clear communicator
- Strong analytical skills
- Solution-oriented self-starter
- Willing to experiment and test out new concepts, channels and strategies to enhance results
- Be comfortable working on multiple initiatives at the same time, prioritizing effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Eye for detail, while keeping focus on the big picture
- Strong company culture with emphasis on technology and competence development
- Great colleagues who value teamwork and support
- International working environment
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- 30 days annual vacation
- Flexible working hours and focus on work/life balance
- Social events, sports and team building activities
- Scenic work environment by the Oslofjord
- CONNECT; network organization for employees
For more information about the position, please contact:
Robert Andrew Coveney, Global Head of Marketing and Communication, +44 7753294635, email@example.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers' decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the technical advisor to the oil and gas industry. We bring a broader view to complex business and technology risks in global and local markets. Providing a neutral ground for industry cooperation, we create and share knowledge with our customers, setting standards for technology development and implementation. From project initiation to decommissioning, our independent experts enable companies to make the right choices for a safer, smarter and greener future.