Hurtigruten offers the world's most spectacular adventure travel experiences. We aim to strengthen our global sales performance and brand position through building a Media House for passionate, commercially oriented storytelling across channels, modes and markets. Now we're seeking a skipper to navigate us to a leading position within content and channel strategy.
The role will align commercial and communication strategies and ongoing activities in paid, editorial, earned and owned channels. To build sales and loyalty, brand and reputation globally – with the aim to increase actionable leads and direct sales, and thereby group profitability.
The position holds the responsibility for the management and coordination of a streamlined publishing operation, including the development and design of a global content hub. The position will be part of Hurtigruten's Commercial Marketing Council, and will report to SVP Communication.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Establish and develop Hurtigruten's internal media house
- Develop and implement Hurtigruten's omni-channel publishing strategy
- Create bridges and coordinate efforts between all content producing functions across Hurtigruten Develop and implement efficient tools and systems
- Project manager for interdisciplinary projects and events
- Coordinate and liaise with potential sponsors and collaboration partners
- Active contribution to Hurtigruten's Commercial Marketing Council
- Measure and interpret the effect of media house communication efforts
- Form part of Hurtigruten's emergency response communications team
- Higher education within a relevant field
- Experience and proven results from strategic and operative B2C communications, PR and/or marketing
- Experience from managing multiple simultaneous projects or workflows within MarCom activities, ideally from coordinating and structuring distributed and complex omni-channel communication activities
- Experience from defining and working with strategies and KPIs
- Solid understanding of digital communication and /or marketing, with experience from participating in digital transformation processes
- Experience from working within a complex matrix organization, preferably internationally
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency in English
We can offer:
- The opportunity to further develop one of Norway's strongest global brands
- A chance to establish and shape a global internal media house from scratch
- An international role with extensive exposure and cross-functional influence
- An inspiring workplace in rapid growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
For further information, please contact Lene Hoem Angelsen or Joachim Guslund in ISCO Group, tel. 22 06 87 00.
To apply, please send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th June. Please state the company name and position title in the subject field. You will receive a confirmation that your appliaction has been registered within three working days. Your application should not be considered registered until you have received this confirmation.
Building on 125 years of Norwegian and polar pioneering heritage, Hurtigruten is today a global brand and world leader in exploration travel. The adventure cruise line offers guests from across the globe exceptional on- and off-ship experiences that allow them to connect with their inner explorers. Hurtigruten's unique heritage, combined with highly skilled crews and a diverse fleet consisting of 14 nimble, intimately-scaled, purpose-built expedition ships, enables the company to invite modern-day adventure travelers to share breath-taking nature-based experiences at the world's polar frontiers, or to partake in immersive voyages in warmer waters exploring altogether more than 200 unique destinations in more than 30 countries.
Being the world leader in exploration travel comes with a great responsibility for preserving the natural wonders along Hurtigruten's itineraries. The company puts great efforts into enhancing destinations they sail to, strengthen their environmental initiatives, and to run an overall responsible sustainable operation with the highest level of environmental awareness. Hurtigruten is introducing the world's first hybrid battery powered cruise ships, the MS Roald Amundsen and the MS Fridtjof Nansen.
The company is headquartered in Tromsø, Norway with offices in Oslo, Kirkenes, London, Hamburg, Paris, Tallinn, Seattle and Hong Kong. Hurtigruten has approx. 2500 employees, and a turnover of close to NOK 4,4 billion in 2016.